S M Carapace uses some of the most advanced materials like aramids, Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and advanced ceramics to achieve the requisite protection while keeping the weight penalty to the minimum. The integrated solutions from S M Carapace offer exceptional ballistic protection against a range of threats from 7.62mm upto 12.7mm APM2 with ultra low add-on weights.
7.62- x 51-mm M-80 Ball.
7.62- x 54R-mmType LPS Dragunuv round.
5.56- x 45mm M855 armor piercing round.
7.62- x 63mm AP M2 round.
12.7- x 99mm AP M2 round.
Parameters taken into account are:
- Identified threat levels
- Required payload
- Operational requirements
- Climatic conditions
Armour kits include:
- Cockpit and cabin floor protection
- Pilot and air crew seat protection
- Protection for side walls and doors
- Specific protection to other designated areas and vulnerable systems
- Fixed wing fighter Aircraft
- Reconnaissance aircraft
- Paradropping aircraft etc